Pitch a mind-blowing rock opera! If you're selected you will present your rock opera pitch on stage at the BROS Annual Pitch Party! March 24th
CALLING ALL VISIONARIES Every year since 2009 Baltimore Rock Opera Society has created a brand new original rock musical completely from scratch. Our BIG SHOW is pitched to the BROS by a Baltimore artist who then describes their big dream in front of a live audience. Our community VOTES on the outcome and the winner will become Baltimore's next big original show! YOUR BIG DREAM = BALTIMORE'S NEXT BIG SHOW Pitches are being accepted through Monday February 28th! Now is your chance to bring your dreams to life using the combined power of Baltimore Rock Opera Society's staff, volunteers, artists, community leaders and experienced craftspersons. Let's join forces and create something incredible and NEW together! Email the BROS Artistic Council firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
HOW IT WORKS:
- SUBMIT YOUR PITCH: The BROS Artistic Council will review all pitches submitted on this form and decide which will be heard by the greater BROS community at this year's PITCH PARTY.
- Pitch teams will be notified on Monday March 7th with a decision.
- PREPARE A PITCH PRESENTATION: The winning teams will put together a ten minute presentation that shows off the vision for their show in all its wonderful glory.
- THE PITCH PARTY: Each Pitch team will present in random order. They get approx ten minutes to share their concept and then 5 minutes of Q&A.
WHAT TO PITCH
BROS has a history of producing gigantic works of original theater that contain an epic story, blend genres, and thrill audiences with rich characters, amazing original music played by a live band, and a few moments of over-the-top spectacle. However do not feel that you need to present a work that feels like it fits into BROS history, help us forge BROS future with an idea THAT WILL BLOW EVERYONE’S MIND!
We want your visionary, excessive and wild ideas that will inspire our community to want to jump into this artistic process.
It may help to refer to BROS Artistic Values in your pitch material.
Your pitch should include:
- A Great Title
- A really brief elevator pitch: describe the idea in two sentences. Paint a picture. Get us excited.
- Your Role on the show: What will you be working on, and who is gonna help make your show amazing?
- Describe the Music: Describe the unique sound of your show. It doesn't’ have to contain rock and roll or heavy metal!
- Describe the World & setting: Visual elements, backstory, sets, characters
- Why is this show a step forward for BROS?
What NOT to pitch:
- Don’t pitch work that is too similar to our upcoming work
- We currently have 3 upcoming shows in the creative pipeline so shows that directly overlap with upcoming concepts have a lesser shot at being chosen.
- Spring 2022: Glitterus Dragon Rising - a high fantasy epic,
- Fall 2022: Love & Roar! - A Romantic Comedy featuring Kaiju
- Spring 2023: The Gold Night - a turn of the century folk tale about the Canadian gold rush
- We’re not looking for a finished script! We want work that gets developed hand-in-hand with the BROS so if the show is totally complete then its less of a collaborative experience for the community.
- You don’t have to fit into our past formula!
- Some of the most exciting work that we have produced recently totally breaks out from the standard seated 2 hour musical format.
- 2019’s Space Kumite was an immersive audience experience where the audience voted on the outcomes of the the character’s fights and had an influence on the plot
- Funktopia was a hip-hop, funk & soul cover concert with sets, costumes and characters celebrating in an imagined Baltimore of the distant future
- Now: Pitch Applications are open.
- February 19th: Pitch Workshop and info session at BROS HQ: Check this page in February for a link to the livestream and details for attending
- February 28th: Pitch Applications close (No Pitches accepted with timestamps of February 29th OR later)
- March 7th: Pitchers notified with a decision (if they will be moving on to The Pitch Party)
- March 24th - THE PITCH PARTY @ The Crown - Attendees vote at the actual event. Voting is open to general public on this night only. The pitch party will be LIVE STREAMED so that anybody can participate on the night of the event.
- March 24th-May 11th - ONLINE VOTING open until opening night of our Spring Production. Anyone who has participated in a BROS Production in the past is allowed to vote during this period.
- TBD: Pitch Winner announced.
Also check out the pitches from years past:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Anybody can pitch! The favorite pitch as voted by the BROS members and volunteers will be our 2024 mainstage production!