Lead on day to day finance tracking and management for BROS budgets. Assists the Managing Director by reconciling expenses and keeping books balanced.
The Baltimore Rock Opera Society's Management Associate is primarily responsible for assisting in the execution of all strategies, methods, and processes relating to the Administration side of the company, particularly when the Managing Director is not available to execute in-person. The Management Associate will assist the Managing Director in building out the Finance/Administrative Department by overseeing the budgets and keeping books balanced in harmony with the production leaders who create BROS content. The Management Associate assists in managing BROS talent, money, suppliers, and venues. This position needs a responsible and easygoing person who is comfortable keeping the company's finances on track. This person can manage their own weekly hours and the schedule is extremely flexible to accommodate a gig or freelance worker who has other daily obligations. The ideal candidate is an arts lover who enjoys working in a team environment and can support the BROS community artistic experience with great office-side/finance capability. Recommended experience in administration, office management, finance software (BROS uses XERO cloud-based accounting software), xcel or google sheets. See the linked PDF for a full job description.
Specific Duties Under the Supervision of the Managing Director:
- Tracks expenses, invoices, deposits, reimbursements, and reconcile them in Xero Accounting Software
- Oversees the organization of the BROS HQ office, including picking up mail, printing checks, organizing the filing cabinet
- Prepares necessary documentation and files to renew non-profit registration documents
- Prepares necessary documentation and files for tax purposes (990, Form 1, 1099s)
- Assists with operations of BROS HQ commercial space as deemed necessary by Executive Director
- Represent status of BROS’ finances at staff meetings when Managing Director is unable to attend
- Assists in providing administrative/financial documents as needed by BROS, Executive Director, and Board upon request
- Assists with Front-of-House management during productions
- Builds, coordinates, and maintains a continuous dialogue between BROS’ Leadership (Administration, Production and Artistic Council) and Members about the practical and artistic viability of the organization’s vision and its adherence to the BROS mission.
Baltimore Rock Opera Society is a fast-paced community-powered performing arts company. Employees at BROS are given great freedom to choose the best way to accomplish the goals laid out by the board and company directors, including the ability to work the majority of paid hours remotely and adjust schedules to accommodate other paid work and personal obligations. This is a company where freedom of expression and creativity are prized. Artists are encouraged to apply.
Approximate hours: 5-7/week or 20-30/month Pay: $5,040 annually, paid monthly ($420/month)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications for this position.